Online Credit Card Payment Information
* When making a booking with us, online or directly
* Via other online sites operated by Valley Ranges Getaways or associated companies and its contractors
* Under any other agreement or arrangement
What information do we collect
The types of personal information that we collect from you will depend on the circumstances of collection and on the type of service you request from us. The type of information we will collect about you includes:
* Your name
* Telephone numbers
* Email address
* Drivers Licence number and expiry date
* Location details
* Credit Card number and expiry date.
We will never collect sensitive information about you without your express consent.
How do we collect information?
We may collect personal information about you when you deal with us over the telephone, send us correspondence (letter or email), visit our websites or when you have contact with us in person.
As well as collecting information directly from you, there may be occasions when we collect information about you from a third person. For example:
* From people making bookings on your behalf
* From market research companies contracted by us to obtain information so that we may improve products and services.
How we use your personal information?
We generally collect your personal information for the following purposes:
* To process your accommodation booking or other service requested
* To conduct marketing activities and to conduct market research.
Some of the personal information we collect is essential for us to be able to accurately identify who is using the service. Other types of information we collect help us to profile who is using our services and what their interests are.
Third Party Disclosure
We may disclose your personal information to third parties, for example, to our contractors to whom we contract out certain services. We engage third party contractors to perform services for us which involves the contractor handling personal information we hold. For example, we currently engage third party contractors to:
* Clean accommodation provided
* Provide personal body treatments i.e. massages etc.
* Supply floral arrangements
* Provide catering services or dinner reservations
* Bicycle and motorbike hire
* Vehicle transfers
* Supply other personal services requested by you
* Provide electronic funds transfer services, credit card account processing and related services
* Collect commissions payable to us
* Conduct market research.
In these situations, we prohibit the third party contractor from using personal information about you except for the specific purpose for which we supply it. They are not permitted to retain any customer information after they have completed their contracted obligations. Your information may also be shared between related companies in the Valley Ranges Getaways group where necessary to provide a service to you. Other than the above, we will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless disclosure is either necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, authorised or required by law, reasonably necessary to enforce the law or necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity.
We will, on request, provide you with access to the information we hold about you, unless there is an exception which applies under the National Privacy Principles, including for the purpose of correcting or updating that information.
We may recover from you our reasonable costs of supplying you with access to this information.Your request to provide access to this information will be dealt with in a reasonable time. We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete, and up-to-date whenever we collect it. If the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to either correct this information, or if necessary, discuss alternative action with you.
Transfer of information overseas
We will obtain your consent before transferring any of your information to third parties overseas.
Resolving your concerns